The United States or the USA is a country in North America which has the world's longest railroad network. Freight transport is the primary usage of railroads in the US with limited intercity and commuter trains operated as well. In Train Sim World, the USA was first featured in the Sand Patch Grade route.
Operators[edit | edit source]
- Amtrak - Amtrak is the main passenger operator in the United States. It was created in 1971 to replace the failing passenger services of the major US railroads.
- Caltrain - Caltrain is a commuter railroad operating between San Francisco and Gilroy in California. The San Francisco to San Jose section is featured in the Peninsula Corridor route.
- CSX Transportation - CSX is one of the two main railroads in the eastern United States. It was created by the merger of the Chessie & Seaboard systems and later acquired 42% of Conrail.
- Long Island Rail Road (Operator) - The operator of commuter passenger services on the island of Long Island in New York State. Owned by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
- Union Pacific - Union Pacific is one of the two main railroads in the western United States. Founded in 1862, it has grown to become the largest operator in the USA with 32,100 miles of railway in 23 states.
Routes[edit | edit source]
- Sand Patch Grade - Sand Patch Grade was the first US route in Train Sim World. It covers the 48 mile main line between Cumberland, MD and Rockwood, PA. Included are three locomotives, the SD40-2, GP38-2 and AC4400CW.
- NEC: New York - NEC: New York was the second US route in Train Sim World. It features the Northeast Corridor between Newark Airport and New Rochelle via New York's Penn Station. It introduced the passenger operator Amtrak to the game along with further usage of CSX locomotives.
- Long Island Rail Road - The Long Island Rail Road route covers the LIRR main line from New York Penn to Hicksville along with the Atlantic Branch, Belmont Park and Hempstead branches, a total of 42 miles.
- Peninsula Corridor - The Peninsula Corridor covers the 47 mile Caltrain main line from San Francisco to San Jose. Also included are Union Pacific freight services which operate along the route.