Rapid Transit is a route for Train Sim World featuring the S2 line of the S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland in Leipzig from Dessau HBF to Markkleeberg-Gaschwitz via Leipzig HBF. It is included as part of the base game. It features one electric multiple unit, the DB BR 1442, also known as the Bombardier Talent 2.
Hint 1EditThe first hint is a drawing of the TSW logo, with a highly obscurred train and staff member in the background.Some have theorised that the train in the background is a German ICE train. Other guesses have included an Austrian railjet or an Amtrak electric locomotive such as the ACS-64.
Some have also guessed that it could be representative of a TGV or Eurostar, citing the very similar shapes of the train and staff uniform.
Hint 2EditA tweaked version of this screenshot was later shared on the Train Simulator Twitter page, prompting many to suggest that it could be a German DB BR 442 'Talent 2' EMU.The image shows details to the side of the train added which many believe are similar to the window design on the DB BR 442 EMU.
Hint 3EditA further tweaked version of the screenshot appeared on the Train Simulator Twitter page with repeated suggestions that the featured train is a DB BR 442 or another train from the Bombardier Talent series of EMUs. It is believed that the route will now be in either Germany or Austria.
The fourth hint was again a further tweaked screenshot. This time the name of the add-on was revealed, Rapid Transit. The locomotive is still believed to be a DB BR 442. DTG have said more information will be revealed on the 1st December.
The Rapid Transit route covers S2 of the S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland from Dessau HBF to Markkleeberg-Gaschwitz via Leipzig HBF and Bitterfeld. The route is 71 km in length and contains 23 stations. The route is set in mid-2016 when the route survey was undertaken. Whilst many passenger & freight services operate along the route, only the S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland trains are featured in the add-on.
- DB BR 1442 - A variant of the Bombardier Talent 2 series of locomotives operated by S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland, a subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn. 80 of these locomotives were produced between 2013 and 2015 and have a maximum speed of 160 km/h.
- Talent 2 Introduction - Learn how to drive a Talent 2 EMU.
- Rapid Transit (Scenario) - Drive a northbound service from Markkleeberg-Gaschwitz, across Leipzig via the City Tunnel, as far as Leipzing Messe.
- Metropolitan - Drive a southbound service from Bitterfeld, across Leipzig via the City Tunnel, as far as Leipzig-Connewitz.
- North Bound - Drive a northbound service from Bitterfeld to the northern limit at Dessau HBF.
- Leipziger - Drive a southbound service from Delitzsch und Bf across Leipzig via the City Tunnel, down to the southern terminus at Markkleeberg-Gaschwitz.
- Cross Town - Drive a northbound service from Connewitz, across Leipzig via the City Tunnel, as far as Bitterfeld.
Like the previous routes, Rapid Transit has a 24-hour service mode timetable. Owners of the DB BR 182 DLC have a larger service mode featuring twice as many services; the additional services are operated by the DB BR 182 and the DB BR 767.2 control car. The service mode timetable (without DB BR 182 DLC) can be viewed here:
Route Table Edit
|Delitzsch unt Bf||39.0|
|Leipzig Hauptbahnhof (Tief)||59.9|
|Leipzig Bayerischer Bahnhof||61.8|
- Green Light: Completed the BR 442 Basic Introduction
- Mass Transit: Completed 442 passenger boarding tasks
- Rapid Transit: Reach the maximum speed of the BR 442 (160 km/h)
- Top Talent: Operated 44.2 km in the BR 442
- Safety First: Acknowledged 500 SIFA alarms
- Leipzig Legend: Completed all of the available services
- Regional Rider: Rode as a passenger for 44.2 km
|Locomotives||DB BR 1442|
|Locations||Markkleeberg-Gaschwitz - Leipzig HBF - Bitterfeld - Dessau HBF|
|Tutorials||Talent 2 Introduction|
|Scenarios||Rapid Transit - Metropolitan - North Bound - Leipziger - Cross Town|
|DLC||DB BR 182|
|Train Sim World Routes|
|Germany||Rapid Transit - Ruhr Sieg Nord - Main-Spessart Bahn|
|United Kingdom||Great Western Express - West Somerset Railway - Northern Trans-Pennine - Tees Valley Line|
|United States||Sand Patch Grade - NEC: New York - Long Island Rail Road|