The Peninsula Corridor route covers Caltrain's Peninsula Corridor between San Francisco and San Jose, a distance of 47 miles. The rolling stock included are the Caltrain F40PH-2CAT, Gallery Carriages and the Union Pacific GP38-2.
It is included in the Train Sim World 2020 Digital Deluxe Edition and as a seperate purchase.
Hint 1 Edit
The first hint showed the edge of a platform, showing that this route would include passenger operations. Since there are no electric passenger railways in the western United States, this meant it would be the first American route to have a diesel passenger locomotive. Based off of the style of the platform edge and the achievements, it was speculated that the route may be the Peninsula Corridor from San Francisco to San Jose.
The route covers the Peninsula Corridor route between San Francisco 4th and King Street and San Jose Diridon, a distance of 47 miles. The route is operated by Caltrain, which operates passenger services along the route. Union Pacific also provides freight services to several locations along the route.
- F40PH-2CAT - The principle passenger locomotive on the route. 15 of these locomotives are operated by Caltrain and travel in the southbound direction towards San Jose.
- Gallery Cab Car - The Gallery Cab Car is a Non-Powered Control Unit which operates with the F40PH-2CAT, used as the driving cab for trains in the northbound direction towards San Francisco.
- GP38-2 - The GP38-2 in Union Pacific is the freight locomotive used on the route. One of the most common types of locomotives in the United States, the GP38-2 operates a variety of freight services along the route.
Wagons and Coaching Stock Edit
- Gallery Carriages - Gallery Carriages, built by Nippon Sharyo are the type of passenger carriage featured in the Peninsula Corridor route. These are used with the F40PH-2CAT on passenger services along the route.
- 73-foot center-beam flatcar - Center-beam wagon used for transporting goods
- Two-Bay Aggregate Hopper Car - Aggregate hopper used on the line
- Peninsula Corridor Introduction - Take a brief ride along the Peninsula Corridor and learn what is available to be discovered.
- F40PH-2CAT Introduction - Learn the basics of starting, stopping and passenger operations of a F40PH-2CAT diesel-electric locomotive.
- Gallery Cab Car Introduction - Learn the basics of starting, stopping and passenger operations of a Nippon-Sharyo Gallery Cab Car.
- GP38-2 Introduction (SFJ) - Learn the basics of starting and stopping a GP38-2 diesel-electric locomotive.
- Californian Commuter - Take charge of a southbound service en-route to San Jose. The train has reached Millbrae and is ready for departure.
- Clean and Tidy - Join a service on its final stops into San Jose before taking the train out of service and operating it back to the Central Equipment Maintenance and Operations facility just north of the station.
- Dirty Dirt Drive - The operation of removing contaminated material to support the construction of a new stadium continues at a pace. Take charge of the latest train to head south with its special cargo.
- Rocky Road - Maintain local industry by delivering the latest shipment of aggregates to a nearby construction supplier.
- Home Run - Operate an extra service, put in place to support events at Oracle Park.
Timetable Mode Edit
156 services operate over a 24 hour timetable on the Peninsula Corridor. The timetable can be accessed here.
Journey Mode Edit
- Chapter 1 - Passenger Engineer - Operate the F40PH-2CAT
- Chapter 2 - Cab Car Engineer - Operate the Nippon-Sharyo Gallery Cab Car
- Chapter 3 - Freight Engineer - Operate the GP38-2
Route Diagram Edit
|San Francisco 4th and King Street||0|
|South San Francisco||9.1|
|San Jose Diridon||46.7|
This route adds the option of purchasing two extra packs with the route: the first being MP36PH-3C. It contains a new locomotive, the MP36PH-3C which can be used to substitute for select services in service mode but adds no extra services.It brings its own tutorial, scenarios, and achievements. The pack also includes the Bombardier Bi-Level Carriages and Cab Car. The second pack being MP15DC. It contains a new locomotive, the MP15DC.
- SFJ: The Fog Has Lifted - Complete all Tutorials
- SFJ: California Completionist - Complete all Scenarios
- SFJ: Discovery Bay - Collect all Collectables
- SFJ: The Golden Gate - Reach Route Level 20
- SFJ: Let's go to San Francisco - Complete 1 service on Peninsula Corridor
- SFJ: The Big One - Complete 100 Services
- SFJ: Purr-fect Performance - Complete the F40PH-2CAT Introduction tutorial
- SFJ: Move Any Mountain - Complete scenario 'Rocky Road'
- F40PH: Run Cat Run - Complete 40 passenger boarding tasks with the F40PH-2CAT
- F40PH: Four One Five - Operate the F40PH-2CAT for 400 miles
|Locomotives||F40PH-2CAT - Gallery Cab Car - GP38-2|
|Rolling Stock||Gallery Carriages - 73-foot center-beam flatcar - Two-Bay Aggregate Hopper Car|
|Stations||San Francisco 4th and King Street - 22nd Street - Bayshore - South San Francisco - San Bruno - Millbrae - Broadway - Burlingame - San Mateo - Hayward Park - Hillsdale - Belmont - San Carlos - Redwood City - Atherton - Menlo Park - Palo Alto - Stanford - California Avenue - San Antonio - Mountain View - Sunnyvale - Lawrence - Santa Clara - College Park - San Jose Diridon|
|Operators||Caltrain - Union Pacific|
|Training||Peninsula Corridor Introduction - F40PH-2CAT Introduction - Gallery Cab Car Introduction - GP38-2 Introduction (SFJ)|
|Scenarios||Californian Commuter - Clean and Tidy - Dirty Dirt Drive - Rocky Road - Home Run|
|Journeys||Passenger Engineer - Cab Car Engineer - Freight Engineer|
|Miscellaneous||Service Mode Timetable|
|DLC||MP36PH-3C - MP15DC|
|Train Sim World Routes|
|Canada||CN Oakville Subdivision|
|Germany||Rapid Transit - Ruhr Sieg Nord - Main-Spessart Bahn - Rhein-Ruhr Osten - Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr|
|United Kingdom||Great Western Express - West Somerset Railway - Northern Trans-Pennine - Tees Valley Line - East Coastway|
|United States||Sand Patch Grade - NEC: New York - Long Island Rail Road - Peninsula Corridor|