Note: This article is not about the operator of Long Island Rail Road, for the operator, see Long Island Rail Road (Operator) The Long Island Rail Road route is the third US route for Train Sim World, featuring the Long Island Rail Road from New York Penn, Atlantic Terminal and Long Island City to Hicksville via Jamaica as well as branch lines to Hempstead and Belmont Park. There are two locomotives featured in the route, the M7. This Route is also included in the Train Sim World 2020 update which was released on the 15th August 2019.
Hints[edit | edit source]
The first hint showed an eastern United States PRR signal. There was speculation of it being either a CSX, Norfolk Southern or Long Island Railroad route.
Route[edit | edit source]
The route includes many sections of the Long Island Rail Road, these are:
- The Main Line from Long Island City and New York Penn to Hicksville via Jamaica
- Atlantic Branch from Jamaica to Atlantic Terminal
- Hempstead Branch from Floral Park to Hempstead
- Belmont Park Branch from Queens Village to Belmont Park
Locomotives[edit | edit source]
The route comes with one locomotive, the M7, operated by the Long Island Rail Road. These are sets of 2 carriage EMUs which are often coupled together in sets of up to 12 carriages long to operate services on the electrified sections of the LIRR.
Training[edit | edit source]
- M7 Introduction - Learn the basics of the M7 Electric Multiple Unit including starting, stopping, and passenger boarding operations.
Scenarios[edit | edit source]
The route comes with five scenarios, all featuring the M7:
- Change at Jamaica - You are due to relieve another driver on their service to Hunterspoint Avenue. Catch the train over to Jamaica in time to relieve the driver and complete his local service. You will then need to stable the service at Long Island City ready for use later in the day.
- Suburban Sunset - Operate a local service on its final leg from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station.
- Race Day Run - Drive an express service to Floral Park, where it becomes a local service to Hempstead, then complete the return journey.
- Kings & Queens - The line to West Hempstead has been closed at Locust Manor for engineering works. Drive a service from Atlantic Terminal to Jamaica, then return to Atlantic Terminal
- Maintenance Maneuver - Some M7 units at West Side Yard are due for routine maintenance. Take the empty stock over to the depot at Hillside and prepare them for servicing.
Timetable[edit | edit source]
The route includes a 24-hour timetable, featuring 181 services for the M7. The timetable can be found here: Service Timetable
Journey Mode[edit | edit source]
There are 2 chapters included with the Long Island Rail Road route:
- Chapter 1 - Learning the Line - Start developing your route knowledge, gain experience on a variety of tasks and learn to drive the M7 EMU.
- Chapter 2 - Certified Engineer - Now that you've mastered the M7 and learned the route, it's time to put your expertise to practice and join the other engineers moving commuters around New York!
Mastery[edit | edit source]
Tier 1[edit | edit source]
- Long Island Short Haul - Drive 100 Miles/160km
- Long Island M7 Learner - Complete a Tutorial
- Long Island Engineer - Complete 10 Services
- Long Island M7 Experience - Gain 5 Levels on the M7
Reward - Long Island Rail Road Diorama
Tier 2[edit | edit source]
- Long Island M7 Master - Gain 10 levels on the M7
- Long Island Long Haul - Drive 250 Miles/400km
- Long Island Finisher - Complete 5 scenarios
- Long Island Master - Gain 10 Level on the Route
Reward - Long Island Rail Road Scenery Tile (Car Meet)
Route Diagram[edit | edit source]
Map[edit | edit source]
Main Line[edit | edit source]
Italics indicate along a short branch (No distances given)
|New York Penn||0|
|Long Island City|
|New Hyde Park||18|
Atlantic Branch[edit | edit source]
|East New York||4|
Hempstead Branch[edit | edit source]
|Country Life Press||20.8|
Add-Ons[edit | edit source]
This route adds the option of purchasing an extra pack with the route: the M3. It contains a new EMU using the existing 3rd Rail. It brings it's own tutorials, scenarios, service mode and achievements.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- LIRR: Branching Out: Complete 7 Long Island Railroad services (PS4 Only)
- LIRR Along for the Ride: Complete 70 Passenger Boarding Tasks with the M7
- M7 Seven Up: Reach Loco Level 10 for the M7
- LIRR Making Headway: Reach Route Level 10 on Long Island Railroad
- LIRR Accessed All Areas: Complete all Scenarios on Long Island Railroad
- M7 Junior Operator: Complete the M7 Introduction Tutorial
- LIRR Discovery Island: Collect all collectables on Long Island Railroad
- LIRR The King of Queens: Complete 70 Long Island Railroad services
- M7 The Cannonball: Reach a speed of 70 mph in the M7
|Long Island Rail Road|
|Stations||New York Penn - Long Island City - Hunterspoint Avenue - Woodside - Forest Hills - Kew Gardens - Atlantic Terminal - Nostrand Avenue - East New York - Jamaica - Hollis - Queens Village - Belmont Park - Bellerose - Floral Park - Stewart Manor - Nassau Boulevard - Garden City - Country Life Press - Hempstead - New Hyde Park - Merillon Avenue - Mineola - Carle Place - Westbury - Hicksville|
|Operators||Long Island Rail Road (Operator)|
|Scenarios||Change at Jamaica - Suburban Sunset - Race Day Run - Kings & Queens - Maintenance Maneuver|
|Journeys||Learning the Line - Certified Engineer|
|Train Sim World Routes|
|Canada||CN Oakville Subdivision|
|Germany||Rapid Transit - Ruhr Sieg Nord - Main-Spessart Bahn - Rhein-Ruhr Osten - Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr - Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen - Hauptstrecke München – Augsburg - Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Lübeck - Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden|
|United Kingdom||Great Western Express - West Somerset Railway - Northern Trans-Pennine - Tees Valley Line - East Coastway - Bakerloo Line - Isle of Wight - Southeastern High Speed - Glasgow Cathcart Circle - Brighton Main Line - West Cornwall Local|
|United States||Sand Patch Grade - NEC: New York - Long Island Rail Road - Peninsula Corridor - Clinchfield Railroad - Northeast Corridor - Cane Creek|