Learn the basics of start-up, stopping and passenger door operations using a DB BR 146.2 electric locomotive.
- CLIMB ABOARD: Enter the cab through the door in front indicated
- BATTERY: Hold the Battery Switch in the 'ON' position for 5 seconds
- PANTOGRAPH SELECTOR: Set the Pantograph Selector to AUTO
- SIGNAL LIGHTS: Set the Signal Lights to HEADLIGHTS
- DRIVER'S SEAT: Sit in the drivers seat of the locomotive
- MASTER SWITCH: Set the Master Switch to NEUTRAL
- MASTER & INSTRUMENT LIGHTS: Set the Master & Instrument Lights to ON
- HEADLIGHTS: Set the Headlights to REDUCED
- BRAKE SYSTEM: Wait for the Brake System to charge...
- PANTOGRAPH: Set the Pantograph control to RAISE
- MAIN CIRCUIT BREAKER (MCB): Close the Main Circuit Breaker
- PARKING BRAKE: Release the Parking Brake
- MASTER SWITCH: Set the Master Switch to FORWARD
- DOOR LOCKING: Set the Door Locking to UNLOCK RIGHT SIDE DOORS
- PASSENGER DOORS: Unlock the Right Side Passenger Doors
- LOAD PASSENGERS
- DOOR LOCKING: Set the Door Locking to LOCK ALL
- PASSENGER DOORS: Lock the Right Side Passenger Doors
- TRAIN BRAKE: Set the Train Brake to RELEASE
- THROTTLE: Increase the Throttle to at least 20% to get moving
- REACH SPEED: Use the Throttle to apply more power and reach a higher speed
- THROTTLE: Set the Throttle to OFF
- MANAGE SPEED: Use the Throttle and Train Brake to manage your speed
- STOP AT LOCATION: Gemünden Platform 8
- LOAD PASSENGERS: Unlock Doors
- LOAD PASSENGERS
- LOAD PASSENGERS: Lock Doors
- Welcome to this DB BR 146.2 electric locomotive in DB Traffic Red livery. During this brief introduction we will go through the start-up, stopping and passenger door operations.
- Climb aboard to get started.
- The battery will power up the control desk and allow you to interact with it.
- This locomotive draws power from the overhead electrical supply via a contact arm mounted on the roof. For this to work we will need to set up and then raise the pantograph.
- A lot of your time will be spent in the driver's seat.
- To get the locomotive up and running, set the Master Switch.
- Headlights are important in letting others around know that a locomotive is operational.
- We now need to wait a moment and let the brake system charge, it'll take a minute or two.
- Now activate the pantograph, so that it raises up and makes contact with the overhead catenary.
- The locomotive is now ready to be energised. This is controlled by the main circuit Breaker.
- When stopped for longer periods of time or when leaving the cab, a parking brake is engaged. We'll need to ensure this is released in order to get moving.
- Use the Master Switch to determine the direction of travel.
- Give a quick glance of the platform to ensure that all is safe, then unlock the doors.
- Boarding is now complete, set the doors to be locked.
- The Train Brake is used for normal line operations.
- Increase the Throttle to start moving; be careful not to apply too much power too quickly otherwise you might damage the couplings or upset the passengers.
- Now we're rolling we can apply more power and focus can be diverted towards achieving a desired speed.
- Coasting is a method used to easily move without engaging power. On a flat gradient, this is great for maintaining a speed limit.
- There's a short distance between here and your next stop so be sure to manage the train and prevent overspeeding.
- We are on a final approach to Gemünden and will soon need to start applying a small amount of brake force to achieve a comfortable stop.
- Like before, unlock the doors to allow passenger boarding to commence.
- Good work. That concludes all the basics of this locomotive.
|Locomotives||DB BR 146 - DB BR 185|
|Rolling Stock||Doppelstockwagen - Habbiins 344 - Laaers 560 - Shimms-U 708 - Zacns|
|Stations||Aschaffenburg HBF - Hosbach - Laufach - Heigenbrücken - Wiesthal - Partenstein - Lohr am Main - Langenprozelten - Gemünden|
|Training||DB BR 185.2 Introduction (MSB) - DB BR 146.2 Introduction - DBpbzfa Introduction (MSB)|
|Journeys||Passenger Loco Driver - Passenger Cab Car Driver - Freight Driver - Banker - Driver|
|Scenarios||Saturday Circuit - Auto Runner - Regional Express - Doppelstock Delivery - Fuel Exchange|
|DLC||DB BR 182 - DB BR 155|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.