The CN Oakville Subdivision is the first Canadian route for Train Sim World. It covers Canadian National's Oakville Subdivision from Hamilton to Oakville in Ontario, a distance of 24 miles. The rolling stock included is the GP9rm and GP38-2, both in Canadian National livery.
Route[edit | edit source]
The CN Oakville Subdivision route covers the mainline between Hamilton and Oakville in Ontario, south of Toronto. Yards are located at both ends of the route, with large industrial areas also located around Hamilton at the southern end of the route. Passenger services run along this route but are not featured in Train Sim World.
Locomotives[edit | edit source]
- GP9 - One of the earliest versions of EMD's GP series, these were upgraded by Canadian National in the 1980s, becoming GP9RM locomotives.
- GP38-2 - Part of the Dash 2 range of EMD locomotives, the GP38-2 was introduced in 1972, 2222 of these 2000 horsepower locomotives were produced
Wagons and Coaching Stock[edit | edit source]
Training[edit | edit source]
- Oakville Subdivision Introduction - Take a brief ride through Hamilton Industrial Zone and learn what is available to be discovered.
- GP9RM Introduction - Learn the basics of operating a GP9RM diesel locomotive and switching cars around a yard.
- GP38-2 Introduction - Learn the basics of operating a GP38-2 locomotive and switching cars around a yard.
- Ethanol Loading Introduction - Learn how to fill tank cars with Ethanol via the overhead loading gantries.
Scenarios[edit | edit source]
- Maple Leaf Motoring - Keep the cars rolling by processing the latest batch of new cars for export.
- In with the New - A new cut of tank cars at the vehicle manufacturing plant needed to be tested before they can be put into service.
- Petrochemical Chaos - Take on the role of a yard Engineer, loading tank cars around the industrial zone.
- Equipment Move - In addition to the train today. three GP9RM locomotives need to be moved to Oakville Yard.
- Break it Down - Use a GP9RM to break down a train which has arrived in Aldershot Yard.
- Hamilton Explorer - Explore Hamilton Industrial Zone and operate any available locomotive. There are no objectives to complete.
Timetable Mode[edit | edit source]
There are 64 services for each locomotive. Both have the same timetable however are able to run each other's services. Meaning that there is a total of 128 timetables services to complete. They consist of shunting as well as making your way along the tracks between yards with a variety of freight wagons. The timetable can be accessed here: Service Timetable: CN Oakville Subdivision.
Journey Mode[edit | edit source]
There are two different journeys available for this route. They are:
- Chapter 1 - GP9RM Driver - Take on the challenge of operating the GP9RM locomotive through its daily duties on Oakville Subdivision.
- Chapter 2 - GP38-2 Driver - Try your hand as a GP38-2 locomotive engineer and experience life on the Oakville Subdivision.
Route Diagram[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- OSD: Master Class: Complete all training modules on Oakville Subdivision
- OSD: All in a Day's Work: Complete all scenarios on Oakville Subdivision
- OSD: Undivided: Complete all jobs on Oakville Subdivision
- OSD: Planting Roots: Reach Route Level 20 on Oakville Subdivision
- OSD: Starting Out: Complete 1 service on Oakville Subdivision
- OSD: Outstanding Service: Complete 20 services on Oakville Subdivision
- OSD: Out with the Old: Complete Oakville Subdivision scenario 'In with the New'
- OSD: Building Success: Complete Oakville Subdivision scenario 'Break it down'
- GP9RM: Making Connections: Complete 90 coupling tasks in the GP9RM
- GP9RM: Taking to the Road: Operate the GP9RM for 90 miles
|Train Sim World Routes|
|Canada||CN Oakville Subdivision|
|Germany||Rapid Transit - Ruhr Sieg Nord - Main-Spessart Bahn - Rhein-Ruhr Osten - Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr - Köln Schnellfahrstrecke|
|United Kingdom||Great Western Express - West Somerset Railway - Northern Trans-Pennine - Tees Valley Line - East Coastway - Bakerloo Line|
|United States||Sand Patch Grade - NEC: New York - Long Island Rail Road - Peninsula Corridor|
|CN Oakville Subdivision|
|Locomotives||GP9 - GP38-2|
|Rolling Stock||Three-Bay Covered Hopper - 89-foot Bi-Level Auto Rack - DOT-117 Tank Car - 73-foot center-beam flatcar|
|Stations||Hamilton - Aldershot - Burlington - Appleby - Bronte - Oakville|
|Training||Oakville Subdivision Introduction - GP9RM Introduction - GP38-2 Introduction (OSD) - Ethanol Loading Introduction|
|Scenarios||Maple Leaf Motoring - In with the New - Petrochemical Chaos - Equipment Move - Break it Down - Hamilton Explorer|
|Journeys||Chapter 1 - GP9RM Driver - Chapter 2 - GP38-2 Driver|